AUGUST THEME-GOLDEN SHOVEL POETIC FORM*
- Poems must be original works.
- May not be previously published.
- Submit ONE(1) poem per poet for review.
- Must be received by August 30th.
- Must pay $1 entry to be considered.
- A monetary prize will be awarded to the winner.
Entry fee for contests on Lead & Pulp Poetry
*A “Golden Shovel” poem is one that is paying homage back to another poem. Here are the guidelines:
- Take a line (or lines) from a poem* you admire.
- Use each word in the line (or lines) as an end word in your poem.
- Keep the end words in order.
- Give credit to the poet who originally wrote the line (or lines).
- The new poem does not have to be about the same subject as the poem that offers the end words.
Please fill out on Google Form to submit.
*if there is a song or line from a book you like use that for your inspiration just be sure to give credit for this as well. Visit the editor page to contact with any further questions.
Examples can be found here:
We Real Cool, by Gwendolyn Brooks (original poem)
The Golden Shovel, by Terrance Hayes (golden shovel poem)
Announcements will be made first week of September!
Jackpot size will be dependent on the amount of entry fees received, but will pay out a minimum of $25/accepted piece.